Best Digital Camera under 200
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Digital Camera under 200
- 1.1 Discussion on the 5 Best Digital Camera under 200
- 1.2 Final Verdict
Having a digital camera will help you to take snaps of some beautiful moments. Use of mobile phone cameras has already grown at a large amount. Still, people use digital cameras. Digital cameras help you to get quality pictures without carrying huge DSLR cameras.
A photographer knows the advantages of using digital cameras. But sometimes budget becomes the prime factor of buying a digital camera. If you have the same case, you’ll find the solution here.
Picking the best digital camera for under 200 is a little bit tough because you’ll find a lot of options. Here I have made the list of 5 best point and shoot camera under 200. You can check these 5 and choose the best one for you.
Discussion on the 5 Best Digital Camera under 200
1. Canon PowerShot ELPH 180
The PowerShot ELPH 180 digital camera is offered by Canon. Probably the best feature of this camera is the pair of the sensor and the processor. This device contains a 20MP 1/2.3” image sensor. The DIGIC 4+ image processor works with the sensor to shoot great quality pictures.
With this camera, there is an 8x optical zoom lens. So, you’ll get a focal length range starting from 28mm to 224mm. This is actually great for you if you are going to use this camera for normal use. The monitor of this camera is a 2.7” 230K-dot LCD monitor. This will help you to operate the camera which makes the camera user friendly.
This camera will help you to perform continuous shooting at 2.2 fps rate. In addition, you’ll get 720p HD video recording opportunity at 25 fps rate.
Leaving all this technical information, if you want to hear the performance, let me tell you. This camera is tiny and easy to handle. The performance and battery life is satisfying. Besides, it is easy to use. So, what’s more to know? Go grab the tiny compact pack which is one of the best digital cameras under 200.
- This device comes with a feature called Digital IS. It helps to get a clear picture by reducing the effect of camera shake and subject movement.
- There is a feature called Auto Zoom. If you activate this, the intelligent feature will automatically zoom and find a good frame for the picture. It will also keep the focus on the targeted object too.
- This tiny camera is easy to carry. Travelers can easily use this.
- The capturing process of this camera takes a little time.
2. Nikon Coolpix L340
If you are looking for the best camera under 200 from Nikon, probably this is for you. Nikon has used a high-performance NIKKOR glass lens in this camera. This has a 20.2 MP CCD image sensor. The combination of this two will provide you stunning images.
You will be able to shoot 720p HD video with this device. The built-in microphone will ensure the sound quality of your videos. The vibrant reduction feature will keep your videos steady besides of keeping the images sharp. For better operating, the 3” LCD display monitor is there.
In addition, Coolpix L340 is a camera which ensures great photo and video quality. Besides, it is made for easy and comfortable handling. The close-up shots are cool and clear in this camera. It also has a good battery backup. So, what is the hesitation? Take this one for having some good photos.
- It supports 3-4 types of batteries. So you’ll find it easy to get batteries for this camera anytime.
- The built design ensures easy handling of the camera though it takes a little more space than most others. The built quality is good enough to use in rough conditions sometimes.
- The zoom of this camera is outstanding. Though it isn’t best comparing to the other models available, it is enough to beat the budget.
- Some the photos aren’t good in the indoor or low light. But it worked well in outdoor where light is sufficient.
3. Sony DSCW830
Sony DSCW830 is the best point and shoot camera under 200 offered by Sony. You might find a few more cameras cheaper than this, but this one will work far better. You’ll be able to capture your moments with the 20.1 MP powerful CCD image sensor. Along with the Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens, the sensor provides crystal clear picture.
For capturing details properly, this Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar provides an 8x zooming capacity. The smart zoom technology will enhance your zooming capability in different modes. Sounds cool, right? Now you can take images from a long distance.
For shooting video, this camera is an awesome performer. It is able to shoot 720p HD videos at a 30 fps rate. It contains a microphone for capturing sounds too. For operating and reviewing your taken images, you’ll get a 2.7” LCD display monitor in this camera.
A great feature of this camera is built in photo effect. It will help you to adjust skin tones and other things according to your wish.
These all are the technical discussion. Now let’s come to the easy points. Sony DSCW830 is a really diverse camera under 200. This is a small piece that is easy to carry. Some integrated technology and modes have made this camera a device for multiple trades. So, while you are searching for the best camera for under 200, this one must come at the top of the list.
- Face Detection Technology works for detecting up to 8 individual faces. It helps to focus and correct the adjustments accordingly. Smile Shutter Technology is able to capture a smile when it happens.
- The camera comes with 360 Sweep Panorama Mode. You can capture almost everything around you in a picture.
- Some of our regular followers have faced problems with the picture quality in low light. If you need to take pictures in low light, you should check this camera before buying.
4. Canon PowerShot ELPH 190
Another competitor in the war of the best camera under 200 is PowerShot ELPH 190 from Canon. This slim device contains a 20 MP High-Sensitivity CCD sensor and DIGIC 4+ image processor. The combination of the sensor and processor works for ensuring the finest quality picture even in low light. So, you may remain tension free about taking pictures in the evening.
If you need a closer look to your target object, you can use the power of 10x optical zoom. I promise you’ll be stunned by seeing the zooming power of this camera. For keeping your image perfect, intelligent IS uses the best correction automatically.
Now let’s come to another point of discussion. This camera will allow you to take videos in 720p HD quality. For a digital camera, this is enough. So, you can capture the laugh of your nearest ones clearly with a clear sound. For watching those, the camera has a large 2.7” display. This high-quality display screen will help to see things clearly.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 is able to take clear pictures and high-quality videos. Besides, it is good at taking pictures of moving objects. So, I’ll suggest you consider this one on your priority list.
- The camera has built-in Wi-Fi. This helps you to share the captured photos and videos easily and quickly. The built-in NFC feature makes sharing faster.
- You can control the camera with compatible tablet or smartphone. Just connect it wirelessly to your device and use free Cannon Camera Connect App.
- Some people think that the build quality is not up to the mark.
5. Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS (Blue)
Canon is offering a number of good point and shoot cameras under 200. PowerShot ELPH 170 is another digital camera under 200 from Canon. This camera has a 20 MP sensor. It is good to see that the DIGIC 4+ processor has made a good pair with the sensor. For getting some good pictures, you can rely on the combination of the 20 MP sensor and DIGIC 4+ processor.
It also comes with a zooming power of 12x optical zoom. So you don’t need to worry about capturing the details. Just focus and shoot the object.
Capturing live videos is very much easy with this device. It will allow you to capture motion in details. You’ll be able to record 720p HD video with the help of this device. The display of the camera is 2.7” LCD monitor. It will help you to check the photos and videos besides of capturing.
Comparing to some other Canon cameras, this one is easier to carry. It works great in auto mode. So you don’t need to be a pro at using cameras. Think again about this piece from Canon. I hope you’ll like this one.
- This camera comes with Smart AUTO feature. It automatically selects the best settings to shoot depending on the subject and surroundings.
- It has ECO mode. It helps to capture more photos per single charge. So you can call it as a durable camera. You don’t need to think of charge every time you use it.
- We have received some emails with having complain of that the construction of this camera is of low quality. So, you’ll have to handle it safely if you buy it.
Things to Consider before buying the best camera under 200
Buying a camera under 200 also needs some care. Spending this amount of money isn’t easy at all. So here I have some suggestions on the things you need to consider at the time of buying a point and shoot camera under 200.
Having some photographer-friendly features in a camera feels good. So, check the features offered by the camera. Maybe those will help you to capture and share some good photos. Some cameras offer easy sharing, filters, high battery performance, distance shooting etc.
Camera technology is being upgraded day by day. So, check for the highest specifications within the budget. In this case, keep eyes on the company reputation too. See the resolutions, zoom, lens, shutter etc.
User friendliness is measured by the ease of using, ease of bearing and storing. Check if the camera is comfortable to handle or not.
You’ll use the camera that you’ll buy for your own purpose. So, go for a camera which will meet your demands. For example, if you want to use the camera for photography, buy one that will work well in all types of light.
But don’t forget to check the user reviews. Those will help you a lot.
Right at this point, smartphones have taken the place of a camera. So, many people don’t want to buy a camera. But, having a digital camera will work in some cases like photography, traveling and occasions. Besides, taking photos with a real camera feels different. So you can buy a camera in a small budget to use in some special occasions.
Before buying, surf internet and gather information as much as you can. This will help you to make the right buying decision.